Montgomery G.I. Bill Reserve
- Enlistment or reenlistment in the selected reserve with an obligation to serve for a period of not less than 6 years following enlistment on or after July 1, 1985
- Completion of secondary school diploma requirements
- Completion of IDAT (initial date active training).
- Apply for VA educational benefits. Click the "Find Your Education Benefits Form" button and answer the questions.
- You will receive your COE in the mail in approximately 30-45 days.
3. Prior Credit Evaluation:
For Undergraduates Only: The VA requires students to complete a Prior Credit Evaluation within two semesters. If not completed the VA will prevent WVU from submitting enrollment certifications for subsequent semesters. Follow these directions:
- Email your DD214 to the Military Science Department ( ARMYROTC@mail.wvu.edu). They will transfer the Military Science college credits to your transcript. ( MILS 101, 102, 201 and 202). This takes 7-10 days.
- Notify your Certifying Official once you see them (you can look at your Degree Works) on your transcript. The Certifying Official will send you a Prior Credit Evaluation form. Take the form to your academic advisor and return to your Certifying Official.
- To receive payment, you must verify your enrollment with the VA at the end of every month. You can do this by phone or website. 877-823-2378 or www.gibill.va.gov/wave.
- The VA will only allow “degree pursuant hours” (only classes that count toward your degree) to be certified. You need at least 12 degree pursuant hours to receive your full monthly stipend.