Montgomery G.I. Bill
To initiate Chapter 30 benefits:
1. Apply for VA educational benefits. Click on "Find Your Education Benefits Form" and answer the questions.
2. The VA will mail you a Certificate of Eligibility (COE).
- Note: You will receive your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) in the mail in approximately 30-45 days.
3. Submit the COE to the Veterans Affairs Office. You can choose to scan the first page of the document, attach it to an email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also fax it to our office at 304-293-4890 or elect to bring it in person.
4. Once you are registered for classes, fill out a GI Bill Certification Request Form.