Skip to main content

Montgomery G.I. Bill

Applies to:  Veterans and servicemembers with at least 2 years of active duty and have elected to have payments deducted for the first 12 months of service

To initiate Chapter 30 benefits:

1. Apply for VA educational benefits. Click on "Find Your Education Benefits Form" and answer the questions.

2. The VA will mail you a Certificate of Eligibility (COE).

  • Note: You will receive your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) in the mail in approximately 30-45 days.

3. Submit the COE to the Veterans Affairs Office. You can choose to scan the first page of the document, attach it to an email and send it to You can also fax it to our office at 304-293-4890 or elect to bring it in person.

4. Once you are registered for classes, fill out a GI Bill Certification Request Form.

Follow Us on Social Media

Here's what we're talking about on Twitter: