Skip to main content

Earned College Credit

Have you earned college credit in the military? You may be able to transfer those credits to your degree program at WVU

You may be able to receive college credit for your military training. Use the appropriate link below to request that your transcript be forwarded to WVU Office of Admissions, P.O. Box 6009, Morgantown, WV 26506

You can also have your DD214 reviewed for college credit by taking the member-4 copy to Army ROTC, 2nd Floor Stansbury Hall. (This is a requirement for those receiving the MGIB)

CLEP Testing: Up to 34 hours of general education credit may be earned for successful performance on the CLEP general Examinations. These tests must be taken prior to enrollment. Active Duty and Reserve Military Personnel can take these tests at no charge and Veterans can apply for reimbursement for these fees through the department of Veteran Affairs

GRE Testing: GRE testing for students thinking of applying to graduate programs it is important to look at all the requirements of that program. If the program you wish to apply to request GRE scores you can apply for a reimbursement if you are Active Duty/Reserve through your local education office or Department of Veteran affairs if you are a Veteran. Scores are considered current for five years from the testing date.

Applying to West Virginia University is fast an easy and can be done from anywhere in the world. You can access your online application by clicking here or contact the Office of Admissions.

Office of WVU Veterans Affairs G31 Mountainlair
P.O. Box 6898 Morgantown, WV 26506

Contact Information

Office Hours

8:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
Monday - Friday
Excluding University holidays